środa, 29 lutego 2012

WAITING ON WEDNESDAY #2

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine, where we present the upcoming books we're most anticipating at the moment!

As for this week, the books are...

Kyla's memory has been erased, her personality wiped blank, her memories lost forever.
She's been Slated.
The government claims she was a terrorist, and that they are giving her a second chance - as long as she plays by their rules. But echoes of the past whisper in Kyla's mind. Someone is lying to her, and nothing is as it seems. Who can she trust in her search for the truth?
Dystopian! Memory loss! Nothing is like it seems! I like not knowing anything, I like books that keep me guessing and yet they're surprising. I hope this one is just like that!

Sixteen-year-old Ephraim Scott is horrified when he comes home from school and finds his mother unconscious at the kitchen table, clutching a bottle of pills. The reason for her suicide attempt is even more disturbing: she thought she’d identified Ephraim’s body at the hospital that day.
Among his dead double’s belongings, Ephraim finds a strange coin—a coin that grants wishes when he flips it. With a flick of his thumb, he can turn his alcoholic mother into a model parent and catch the eye of the girl he’s liked since second grade. But the coin doesn’t always change things for the better. And a bad flip can destroy other people’s lives as easily as it rebuilds his own.
The coin could give Ephraim everything he’s ever wanted—if he learns to control its power before his luck runs out.
This book has been on my mind ever since I first saw it. There's something hypnotizing about the cover and the whole premise. I can't wait to read it!

So what are you waiting for, guys? And what do you think about my WoW? Share in the comments! 

19 komentarze:

  1. I think I'm with you when to comes to the hypnotizing part :)

    Here's my WoW:
    http://coveranalysis.blogspot.com/2012/02/waiting-on-wednesday-1.html

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  2. Slated sounds really great! And I def. can't wait for Fair Coin! Great choices.

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  3. Fair coin, the cover alone is very curious looking. i would pick it up just to check it out. Thanks for stopping by.

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  4. The covers for both of these books are haunting. They sound great too. Thanks for sharing!

    http://www.leavemommyalone.blogspot.com

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  5. Im definitely adding Slated to my goodreads! Thanks for introducing me to a book I've never seen!

    My WoW

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  6. Love the sound of Slated! Haven't heard of this one, so thanks for the heads up!

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  7. I was lucky enough to just read and enjoy Slated, but haven't heard of Fair Coin and just added it to Goodreads - thanks!

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  8. I haven't heard of Fair Coin before but the cover and synopsis totally reels me in! Also Slated looks amazing, it is also on my tbr. [: Great picks this week and thanks for stopping by my Wow! Hope to see you again soon.
    [:
    ShawnaLeAnn
    Dreaming In The Pages Enter My Giveaway

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  9. It's the first time I see both of these books, but they both look great. Especially Fair Coin, it has such a unique story. Both going on my to read list.

    Thanks for visiting My WOW

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  10. Slated sounds mysterious and interesting and Fair coin also sounds really good! Two great picks that I had not heard of, and I had to add them to Goodreads! Thank so much for sharing and for stopping by my blog!

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  11. Both of those sound good! Especially Fair Coin.

    My WoW

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  12. Both of those sound fantastic!!!

    Thanks for sharing these-I haven't heard of them before!

    I'm a new follower and love your blog :o]

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  13. Great picks! I hadn't heard of Fair Coin but it sounds really good, so I've added it to my TBR list!

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  14. Slated sounds so cool! It is definitely one I will be watching. :)

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  15. Both of these picks are new to me and I really like the synopsis for both! Great picks!
    - Jessica @ Book Sake

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  16. These are both amazing! I can't believe I haven't heard of these before! Great picks!

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  17. Oooh, I love the sound of both of these. I might have seen the first one before (maybe just the cover) but I haven't heard about the second one before for sure! Great picks :)

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  18. Slated! Yes! I actually don't have much of interest in Fair Coin, but I absolutely can't wait for Slated :D

    OdpowiedzUsuń

I ♥ comments! Please comment and I will be a very happy person.