środa, 22 lutego 2012

WAITING ON WEDNESDAY #1

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine, where we present the upcoming books we're most anticipating at the moment!

As for this week, the books are...





HER WORLD IS CHANGED FOREVER
Callie lost her parents when the Spore Wars wiped out everyone between the ages of twenty and sixty. She and her little brother, Tyler, go on the run, living as squatters with their friend Michael and fighting off renegades who would kill them for a cookie. Callie's only hope is Prime Destinations, a disturbing place in Beverly Hills run by a mysterious figure known as the Old Man.
He hires teens to rent their bodies to Enders—seniors who want to be young again. Callie, desperate for the money that will keep her, Tyler, and Michael alive, agrees to be a donor. But the neurochip they place in Callie's head malfunctions and she wakes up in the life of her renter, living in her mansion, driving her cars, and going out with a senator's grandson. It feels almost like a fairy tale, until Callie discovers that her renter intends to do more than party—and that Prime Destinations' plans are more evil than Callie could ever have imagined.
. . .
I just can't wait for Starters! I've read chapter sampler (first two chapters) and it's a-ma-zing. Totally my kind of dystopia. And if you haven't already, go check out  the trailer.


NEVER LET ME GO meets HIS DARK MATERIALS in a beautiful, haunting YA debut, the first book in The Hybrid Trilogy.

Eva and Addie live in a world where everyone is born with two souls, but where only the dominant one is allowed to survive childhood. Fifteen years old, and closer even than twins, the girls are keeping Eva, the ‘second soul’, a secret. They know that it’s forbidden to be hybrid, but how could they ever be apart?

When a dramatic event reveals what really happens to hybrids if they are discovered, Eva and Addie face a dangerous fight for survival, neither wanting to be the one left behind…
The premise alone is just SO promising, and the cover is hauntingly beautiful.


Generations ago, a genetic experiment gone wrong—the Reduction—decimated humanity, giving rise to a Luddite nobility who outlawed most technology.
Eighteen-year-old Luddite Elliot North has always known her place in this caste system. Four years ago Elliot refused to run away with her childhood sweetheart, the servant Kai, choosing duty to her family’s estate over love. But now the world has changed: a new class of Post-Reductionists is jumpstarting the wheel of progress and threatening Luddite control; Elliot’s estate is floundering; and she’s forced to rent land to the mysterious Cloud Fleet, a group of shipbuilders that includes renowned explorer Captain Malakai Wentforth—an almost unrecognizable Kai. And while Elliott wonders if this could be their second chance, Kai seems determined to show Elliot exactly what she gave up when she abandoned him.
But Elliot soon discovers her childhood friend carries a secret—-one that could change the society in which they live…or bring it to its knees. And again, she’s faced with a choice: cling to what she’s been raised to believe, or cast her lot with the only boy she’s ever loved, even if she has lost him forever.
Inspired by Jane Austen’s PERSUASION, FOR DARKNESS SHOWS THE STARS is a breathtaking romance about opening your mind to the future and your heart to the one person you know can break it.

The cover is so stunning I want to keep it forever somewhere near me. <3 And I hope the book is just as good, because it sounds great!

So what are you waiting for, guys? And what do you think about my WoW? Share in the comments!

17 komentarze:

  1. All three of these sound amazing!! I have Starters from Netgalley to read soon, so I hope it's really good :D.

    Thank you for stopping by my WOW! :)

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  2. I am super excited for What's Left of Me! Great WoW, thanks for stopping by my page :)

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  3. Post-apocalyptic Jane Austen revamp? Double souls? These all sound great!

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  4. All three of those sound amazing! I have heard great things about Starters too! Thanks for sharing and for stopping by my blog!

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  5. 3 great choices!

    For Darkness shows the Stars especially is one I am dying to read! I love books inspired by Jane Austen and the post apocalyptic setting just really makes this book sound super cool!

    And I think the premise for What's left of me is pretty awesome with the two souls idea. Something new, I love it!

    Thanks for sharing :)

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  6. I have Starters and is happy to say you will enjoy it very much!

    Great Picks

    Gabby

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  7. I almost chose starters for this weeks WoW but since I had already talked about it yesterday opted not to. Thanks for the follow. Love your choices as well. I also really like your blog background very pretty.

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  8. I'm waiting on all three of these too! All the covers are just amazing. Thanks for stopping by my Wow! I hope to see you again soon.
    [:
    ShawnaLeAnn
    Dreaming In The Pages Enter My Giveaway

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  9. Great picks!! The cover for What's Left of Me is so cool! Thanks for stopping by :)
    Jessi @ Auntie Spinelli Reads

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  10. I haven't heard of the first two. They look great!

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  11. I really can't wait for Starters! It looks so good.

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  12. gorg covers. i do hear starters is really good!

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  13. Oh, yeah! You picked three books I'm really waiting for! I have Starters on my Kindle but haven't started it yet. And I've heard great things about the Darkness book. Happy reading!

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  14. Ooo, I can't wait for the Diana Preterfund--I've heard amazing things! I'm very curious to see what you'll think of STARTERS, too. :) Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!

    Wendy @ The Midnight Garden

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  15. I can't wait for For Darkness Shows the Stars or Starters too! I'm not familiar with What's Left of Me, but I love the cover! So pretty! I'll be checking it out. Thanks!

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  16. I have Starters on my Kindle to review, but those other two choices are new to me. What's Left of Me sounds bizarre, but in a good way. Great choices!

    Thanks for visiting Working for the Mandroid!
    Leslie

    OdpowiedzUsuń

I ♥ comments! Please comment and I will be a very happy person.