piątek, 8 marca 2013

Review - THE ETERNITY CURE by Julie Kagawa



TITLE: The Eternity Cure (Blood of Eden #2)
AUTHOR:  Julie Kagawa
GENRE: dystopian, paranormal
PUBLICATION DATE: May 3rd 2013
SOURCE: ARC via NetGalley


BLURB:
 In Allison Sekemoto's world, there is one rule left: Blood calls to blood 

She has done the unthinkable: died so that she might continue to live. Cast out of Eden and separated from the boy she dared to love, Allie will follow the call of blood to save her creator, Kanin, from the psychotic vampire Sarren. But when the trail leads to Allie's birthplace in New Covington, what Allie finds there will change the world forever-and possibly end human and vampire existence. 

There's a new plague on the rise, a strain of the Red Lung virus that wiped out most of humanity generations ago-and this strain is deadly to humans and vampires alike. The only hope for a cure lies in the secrets Kanin carries, if Allie can get to him in time. 

Allison thought that immortality was forever. But now, with eternity itself hanging in the balance, the lines between human and monster will blur even further, and Allie must face another choice she could never have imagined having to make.
REVIEW: 

I have been anticipating this book ever since I read The Immortal Rules (review here). Do you know that feeling, when you're waiting for something you're about to burst, but at the same time you're scared because what will happen if you're disappointed? That was me. Needless to say, I shouldn't have worried. Julie Kagawa did it again. She wrote an amazing book.

We rejoin our main hero of the story, Allison, a few weeks after the events from The Immortal Rules. She's looking for Sarren, who kidnapped her sire. Along the way she meets an unexpected ally and learns what a blood bond means to a vampire.

Just like in The Immortal Rules, I loved Allie and Zeke (whom we meet again, thankfully). I've never exepected to even begin to like Jackal. Some of you may remember him as the cruel rider king from the first book. I really liked the fact that he couldn't be pigeon-holed into simple black-or-white category. Jackal's often ambiguous behavior left me very satisfied - it made him more three dimensional, and his interactions with Allie, and later Zeke and Kanin, a lot more interesting.

The whole book is action packed despite being 400 pages long. It's hard to put it down and I practically devoured it in my inability to wait to see what happens next.

I'm not saying that The Eternity Cure doesn't have any flaws. There are scenes I found a bit dragged out and some characters that fell flat. But those are seriously minor imperfection that didn't stop me from enjoying the book as a whole.

I sincerely recommend The Eternity Cure to everyone who loved The Immortal Rules. If you love vampires, you should check out this series. If you hate vampires and think they're overrated - you still should check out this series and let it change your mind. Because it most probably will!

Overall rating:
5 out of 5 stars

1 komentarze:

I ♥ comments! Please comment and I will be a very happy person.